At a glance.
We are an innovative education partner helping young adults overcome real-life challenges to earn their district or state-issued high school diploma.
Our learning environment provides exactly what research shows students need to be successful: engaging courses, technologically advanced educational tools, and personalized curriculum.
•Web-Based Curriculum: Which allows our Graduation Candidates (GCs) flexibility to work from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection.
•Individualized Learning Plans: Which are tailored to each GCs individual schedule and needs.
•Focus on the Next Step: Via personalized life & career coaching to help our GCs find the path that’s best for them -- whether that is college, the military, skilled trades or a career.
•Flexible Instruction: our staff of highly qualified paraprofessionals and certified teachers work with GCs in small groups or in one-on-one settings, creating opportunities to develop substantial relationships and drive academic progress.
Beyond academic and post-secondary supports, Acceleration Academies, offers the tools needed to help students overcome help students overcome personal barriers to attendance and engagement, including:
•Sense of Community: Our academy prioritizes a personalized approach with all GCs so that these young adults can connect with mentors and foster relationships with caring adults allowing them to build a connection and giving them a safe, supportive place to learn and thrive.
•Transportation: Options include vans which allow GCs to schedule transportation and public bus passes which help GCs get to school, work, or other areas around the community.
•Food Services: We partner with school districts to provide daily food services to all who qualify and also provide a variety of snacks and drinks in our sites to fuel our GCs for success.
•Family Friendly: Many of our GCs are caretakers to families of their own. Our extended hours and unique approach allows GCs the flexibility needed to manage kin-care without jeopardizing academic commitment.
•Connections to Community Services: We have connections with many local businesses and our network connects GCs to resources beyond our facilities.
Who we serve
Acceleration Academies is ready to help you earn your high school diploma, whether you are one credit or many credits from graduation.
Our Graduation Candidates (GCs) come from all backgrounds and experiences and might be:
- Working to support themselves or their family
- New to the district
- Struggling in a conventional school setting or prefer small learning
- Managing medical conditions
Despite these circumstances, Acceleration Academies is prepared to assist GCs on their path toward earning a High School diploma!
ACCELERATION ACADEMIES ARE FREE TO ATTEND FOR ALL QUALIFIED GRADUATION CANDIDATES
- High School aged, and eligible for grades 9 to 12
- Age requirements vary by district, please contact your local Acceleration Academy with questions
- Resident of the state/district
- Not currently enrolled in high school (must be withdrawn from previous school)
Any potential Graduation Candidate under 18 must bring a parent or guardian with them for enrollment. Upon initial enrollment in a school, the Graduation Candidate or parent must produce two current (within 90 days) documents reflecting the correct residential street address.
- Birth date verification (Example: State ID, Driver's license, passport)
- Proof of residence
Post office boxes, private mail box addresses or commercial establishment addresses are insufficient. Examples of acceptable documents reflecting name and residential street addresses are as follows:
- Apartment or home lease agreement, mortgage document, property tax record, rent receipt, homeowners insurance
- Current utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, home or cell phone bill
- Voter registration document, State identification card
- Proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, food stamps, Department of Children and Families (DCF) correspondence)
- Current driver's license, automobile registration, automobile insurance