Our Graduation Candidates range in age from 16 to 21 years old and come from all backgrounds and experiences. Acceleration Academies is ready to help you earn your high school diploma, whether you are 1 credit or 20 credits from graduation.
Our Graduation Candidates might be:
- Working to support themselves or their family
- New to the district
- Struggling in a conventional school setting or prefer small learning
- Managing medical conditions
Despite these circumstances, Acceleration Academies is prepared to assist Graduation Candidates on their path toward earning their diplomas!
ACCELERATION ACADEMIES ARE FREE TO ATTEND FOR QUALIFIED GRADUATION CANDIDATES
- 16-21 years old
- Age requirements vary by district, please contact your local Acceleration Academy with questions
- Resident and former student of the district
- Not currently enrolled in high school (must be withdrawn from previous school)
Please bring the following documents to enroll:
- Birth date verification (Example: State ID, Driver's license, passport)
- A proof of residence
Any potential Graduation Candidate under 18 must bring a parent or guardian with them for enrollment. Upon initial enrollment in a school, the Graduation Candidate or parent must produce two current (within 90 days) documents reflecting the correct residential street address. Post office boxes, private mail box addresses or commercial establishment addresses are insufficient. Examples of acceptable documents reflecting name and residential street addresses are as follows:
- Apartment or home lease agreement, mortgage document, property tax record, rent receipt, homeowners insurance
- Current utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, home or cell phone bill
- Voter registration document, State identification card
- Proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, food stamps, Department of Children and Families (DCF) correspondence)
- Current driver's license, automobile registration, automobile insurance
Featured Graduation Candidate
Adrian Morales left high school to work and help support his family. He dreamed of returning to high school for his diploma. Through Acceleration Academies he found the one-on-one support and flexible schedule he needed to finish high school. Soon Adrian will graduate and continue on to higher education.
Thank you, Univision, for making it possible to share Adrian’s story.
Watch the full story here.